Bodhi means to awaken… to enlighten… to tap into the universal power!
This September, Young Innovators Foundation (YIF) with support from ‘Book A Smile (BAS)’ is taking 12 Tribal Children and 8 Volunteers on an 11-Day journey to live a DREAM…To meet their ‘Bodhi’ within!
Come 1st September 2016, 20 members of YIF will be visiting SECMOL, Ladakh, an alternative school of education & innovation. (It is the same school shown at end in the Bollywood Movie ‘Three Idiots’). Yes,
‘Phunsuk Wangdu’ is real! And he is SECMOL’s founding member, Sonam Wangchuk.
Students’ Educational & Cultural Movement of Ladakh (SECMOL) is run by young Ladakhis to
reform the educational system of Ladakh. SECMOL’s alternative school is an eco-friendly campus at
They also organize residential activities for Ladakhi students to provide exposure to ideas that conventional schools don’t provide.
The objectives of this project are:
- To interact with individuals who’ve created sustainable systems for themselves
- To learn about holistic processes of their community
- To facilitate community exchange
- To gain exposure to alternative education through experiential learning
- To mingle with new children and learn how to adapt in unfamiliar environments
- To study their eco-culture
- To come back a little more enlightened
Some of the things SECMOL works with are: Educational Reforms, Solar Energy, Eco-Tourism and Organic Jam Making.
...And those are reasons enough for us to visit this beautiful place!
To know more about SECMOL, visit: http://secmol.com/
Stay tuned to stay updated: www.facebook.com/yifonline
Us and you, together we can make dreams come true!